Views: 0 Author: Vicky Publish Time: 2023-07-31 Origin: Site
PE (Polyethelene) Polyethylene
PE can be specifically categorized into:
HDPE (High Density PE)
MDPE (Medium Density PE) is not widely used.
LDPE (low density PE)
How to identify the PE material, burning blue flame light, burning area melting transparent, there are sol drops and candle flavor, belongs to the extended burn plastic, can continue to burn.
LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) Adhesives
(1) Because of its stable physical and chemical properties, PVC has been widely used as an insulating material in the electric wire industry in the past decades. However, PVC contains halogenated elements, which will release a large amount of toxic smoke and corrosive gases during combustion, directly damaging the nature and jeopardizing human life, so more and more countries or regions, especially in Europe and Japan, have passed stringent legislation to progressively prohibit the use of PVC, and replaced by halogen-free, environmentally friendly Low Smoke and Halogen Free (LSOH) adhesive.
(2) Advantages: (a) reduce the emission of toxic fumes (b) reduce the concentration of toxic gases (c) non-corrosive gas
How to identify LSZH material, no odor, white smoke, white residual ash dust after burning, self-extinguishing.
Confusion due to lack of harmonization: some "fire" cable naming, collectively referred to as LSZH
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) High Density Polyethylene
(1) HDPE is produced by low-pressure method, so it is also called low-pressure polyethylene.
(2) Advantages: (a) Chemical resistance (b) Good electrical properties.
(3) Disadvantages: (a) poor heat resistance (b) relatively low physical properties (c) soft surface
(d)high coefficient of thermal expansion and tendency to fail under mechanical and thermal compression. Specific gravity is 0.94~0.97
Elongation 100~400%,Tensile 1.0~2.0kg/mm2(1kg/mm2=1422PSI)
UL444 safety requirements: elongation 300% min, tensile strength 2400PSI min.
Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) Low Density Polyethylene
(1) The traditional low-density polyethylene is made by polymerizing grade ethylene with oxygen or peroxide as initiator and free radical polymerization under high temperature and pressure, so it is also called high-pressure polyethylene.
(2)Advantages(a)Low specific gravity(b)Chemical resistance(c)Impact resistance
(3) Disadvantages: (a) very low strength/rigidity (b) poor heat resistance (3) high coefficient of thermal expansion and easy failure under mechanical and thermal stress.
Specific gravity about 0.91~0.93
Elongation 350~700%, tensile 1.0~2.0kg/mm2 (1kg/mm2=1422PSI)
UL444 safety requirements: elongation 350% min, tensile 1400PSI min.
(LLDPE) Linear Low Density Polyethylene
(1) Compared with ordinary low-density polyethylene, it consumes less energy, has a high production capacity, especially its physical and chemical properties are much better than ordinary low-density polyethylene, and its uses are quite wide. Its price is relatively low, good mechanical properties (such as tear resistance. Puncture resistance. Tensile strength and resistance to environmental stress cracking and other properties.
The specific gravity is about 0.915~0.945.
Elongation and tensile strength are higher than LDPE.
FOAM SKIN: Inner layer foam. Outer SOLID extrusion
Advantages: Foam can reduce the outer diameter and the amount of material, get the expected electrical characteristics of the function. Low capacitance. Low capacitance and attenuation. High impedance, the outer layer is a non-foaming insulator to maintain better rigidity and protect the foam from deformation.
Disadvantages: Poor adhesion. Wire shrinkage. Not really round. Electrical characteristics are not stable, if the SKIN FOAM that is, SOLID inside, FOAM outside, the adhesion is enhanced, the welding line will not shrink.
No elongation and tensile strength requirements
SKIN FOAM SKIN:SOLID+FORM+SOLID extrusion
Advantages: Good adhesion. Good heat resistance of the wire
Disadvantages: Need to use double-head extrusion, not easy to operate.
The specific gravity of foamed PE is about 0.55~0.7, the specific gravity varies according to the degree of foaming.
No elongation and tensile strength requirement.
XL-PE specific gravity is about 0.9~1.0, elongation 350~600%, tensile 1.5~2.0%.
Tensile 1.5~2.5kg/mm2 (1kg/mm2=1422PSI)
CPE (Chloride Polyethylene) chlorinated polyethylene
(1)Chlorinated polyethylene is made from polyethylene (PE) by chlorination.
(2) Advantages: With the double advantages of plastic and rubber, its resistance to oil, ozone, heat and oxygen aging, corrosion resistance, flame resistance, resistance to bacteria and microorganisms, weathering and other aspects of better than other rubber.
(3) Uses: especially in the waterproofing membrane, plastic doors and windows, wire and cable sheathing (general air conditioning with most of the cable is CPE sheathed rubber wire), hose tape, colored bicycle tires, profiles, glass door and window seals and other areas of the application of the outstanding advantages of the material is an ideal polymer elastomer, has a wide range of prospects for application, specific gravity of 1.6.
UL1581 requires an elongation of 150~250% min, tensile 1200~1500PSI min.
It has excellent flame retardant properties, and has combustion anti-dripping characteristics, no dripping flame.
Hytrel polyester elastomer (TPEE)
(1) Hytrel the world's largest sales of thermoplastic polyester elastomer. Hytrel is
registered trademark of DuPont Thermoplastic Polyester Elastomers. This copolymer of polyether and ester combines the characteristics of most high-performance elastomers and flexible plastics.
(2) Benefits: Mechanical strength. Corrosion resistance. Abrasion resistance. Excellent flexibility.
(3) Disadvantages: high unit price, not easy to process.
(4) Application: used for thin insulation and high curvature.
Specific gravity is about 1.2
Elongation of about 350 ~ 550%, tensile strength of 4000 ~ 6600PSI
Thermoplastic elastomer TPE, TPV, TPR, TPO, TPU, TPEE material science and technology
The main role of the current market cable is used to transmit signals, electrical energy, control installations, connecting equipment, is the main carrier of the cable transmission. It plays an important role in our daily lives, the existence of electricity makes our lives more convenient and comfortable, there are many types of cables on the market, one of the main ways to distinguish between them is the material, in the high-frequency, high-speed and environmentally friendly under the leadership of special application scenarios will be endless, the above is the current existing mainstream materials for your reference.