Views: 0 Author: Vicky Publish Time: 2023-07-31 Origin: Site
Conventional plastic materials can be determined using the combustion method, according to whether the flammable, combustion flame, whether there are drops, whether or not the delayed combustion, odor and other phenomena to determine the following combustion phenomena for commonly used plastic materials.
According to the combustion phenomenon to determine the way
Basic determination method: burning, yellow flame, black smoke, the bottom edge of the flame is green, the odor is unpleasant, polyethylene (PE).
Polyethylene (PE) has excellent electrical insulation (dielectric constant and dielectric loss angle tangent tgδ are very small) with good chemical properties, very low permeability and small water absorption, small specific gravity, non-toxic, and good plasticity, easy to process molding; mainly used for communication cable insulation.
Basic determination method: the surface is relatively smooth, when burning, the flame on the yellow and blue, liquid drops, the smell is similar to the smell of candles, polypropylene (PP).
Polypropylene (PP) appearance of white wax-like solid, more transparent, non-toxic, small water absorption (only 0.03-0.04%), combustible. The specific gravity is 0.91, which is the smallest one among the commonly used plastics. Mainly used for core wire insulation.
Basic determination method: the surface is smooth, harder than PE, when burning, the flame is yellow and blue, liquid drops, the smell is more unpleasant, slightly after the smell of candles after a slight odor.
XLPE/XL-PVC thermosetting materials, mainly used as insulation, the highest temperature rating up to 150 °C.
Basic identification method: cut a section of wire, remove the conductor, burn with fire from the center, and then pull the wire off with force, the end surface is very rounded.
PU has very good physical and chemical properties, commonly used in engineering machinery and other equipment connection line and spring wire sheath, Basic identification method: with magnetic, elastic and good, when burned, expansion and accompanied by liquid droplets
Its market experience in the verification of the way he market experience in the verification of the way
1. Water floating and sinking density detection method: PP density 0.91 g / cm3, PP is the lightest plastic, into the water, can float up basically these two, and the hardness of PP is higher than PE, the same size of a toothpick PP, PE material, PP is not easy to bend, and PE is relatively soft, easy to bend.
2. Burning odor method: PE burning odor for paraffin flavor, PP burning odor for petroleum flavor.
3. tooth bite method, this method is not very elegant, but also effective, easy to bite out of the mark is PE, other PP, PS, ABS is very hard.
4. Sensory discrimination, if it is more hard insulation materials, generally PE, PP, if it is more bright and soft is PVC, if there is elasticity on the basis of softness, it may be TPU, TPE (will be touched with a sticky feeling).
5. PTFE, PFA, FEP belongs to a class of difficult to burn, flame retardant level of the industry's highest material, if it is sent for certification, etc., you need to use this type of material, the price is expensive.
6. Currently there are six main categories of plastic materials for wire and cable: PVC, PE, PP, XLPE/XL-PVC, PU, TPE, FEP, etc., in fact, these plastic materials, their shape, color, form, etc. have different ways of presenting, and more to understand the simple recognition!