Views:125 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-09-20 Origin:Site
In the face of different types of fiber adapters, how to choose the right adapter for different scenarios is important.
Fiber Cable Type
If the fiber adapter needs to be connected to the same fiber cable type and connector, a fiber optic adapter with a square, rectangular or circular interface can be used. If the type of cable to be connected is different, a hybrid fiber adapter is required. This hybrid fiber adapter can connect any two types of fiber patch cords together. Due to the wide variety of hybrid fiber optic adapters, it is important to know what type of cable to connect before purchasing.
The Sleeve Material of fiber adapter
Alignment sleeve is the most important component of fiber optic adapters. Some manufacturers choose metal as the material for the alignment bushings, but ceramic-made fiber optic adapters have proven to work much better than using metal as the alignment bushing. The fiber optic adapter, because the crystal structure of the ceramic is very hard and does not deform over time like metal, so it can achieve fast alignment and high-precision fiber end-face connection.
Although the fiber optic adapter is relatively small and belongs to the small part of the fiber optic cabling, it does not affect its importance in the fiber optic cabling system. Like other fiber optic equipment, it needs to be cleaned. There are two main cleaning methods, namely contact and non-contact cleaning.
Contact cleaning method
(1) Dust-free wiping paper or dust-free cleaning cloth; use dust-free paper or dust-free cloth with sewage alcohol to wipe the end face of the fiber optic connector.
(2) Cassette type optical fiber cleaning box; a special role of wiping tape is installed in the rollable casing, and the principle is to use the strong adhesive on the wiping tape to stick the dirt on the end face of the fiber connector.
(3) Special fiber cleaning pen; fiber-optic cleaning pen is specially used to clean the inside of the fiber adapter or the ferrule end face. The method is very simple. The end of the refill is inserted into the ceramic sleeve of the adapter and can be cleaned by a single push. End face.
Non-contact cleaning method
(1) Ultrasonic cleaning method Nowadays, the ultrasonic cleaning instrument on the market adopts this cleaning method, and the cleaning liquid is turned into an ultrasonic “liquid column” to be sent out to the end face of the fiber connector.
(2) High-pressure air blowing method; the cleaning liquid is shown on the end face of the fiber connector, and then the high-pressure gas is used to align the end face of the connector to clean the end face.